Car Battery Replacement
Mobile Mechanics Dublin are car battery replacement experts and have the latest diagnostic and car battery checking equipment in our centres to make sure that your battery is in the best condition.
We have a great range of car batteries available. They are charged and ready for fitting by our qualified experts. Remember all our prices are FULLY FITTED and include VAT. Our batteries also come with a 3 year guarantee as standard.
Car batteries need proper testing and diagnostics every three to four months, and they usually last three to five years. If your battery is in that range, it may be time for a replacement.
Car battery life spans can also be affected by driving habits and environmental conditions, which could accelerate the need for a battery replacement.
Car battery replacement warning signs:
- Check engine warning light is on
- Headlights are dimmer than usual
- Car is not starting or taking a while to start up
- The engine cranks slower than normal
- The engine cranks but won’t start
- The radio or other electronic accessories are not turning on
- Car makes a clicking sound when you try to start
There won’t always be obvious signs that your car’s battery is dying, so regular vehicle inspections will save you both time and money.
Mobile Mechanic can help determine the health of your existing battery, or if you just want to replace it, our technicians will recommend the right battery for your vehicle.
Dead Car Battery Causes
There are many common mistakes that can decrease your car battery’s lifespan.
To help extend your car battery’s life, avoid the following common mistakes:
- Forgetting to turn off your car’s accessories, such as the interior and exterior lights
- Not starting your car for an extended period of time
- Leaving your car in a very old, unsheltered environment for long periods of time
Other causes of a dead car battery can include a bad charging system, extreme hot or cold temperatures, a parasitic drain, poor or corroded connections or regular aging.
Whatever the cause, if you sense your car battery may need to be replaced soon, if you would like some more help please call us on 087 310 1393 or 01 835 2530 and we’ll be happy to help.